We can’t ignore the big event today ,so here are my top ten tenuous links to Will & Kate :-
1. I’ve had dinner in Buck Palace . In around 1973, Jane’s dearest friend Steph, was going out with Sid, who was a chef at The Palace .One evening he cooked dinner for us, we ate in his room in the staff quarters ( they even have their own bar ) and then we sneaked down the back stairs and he showed us the royal kitchens.
2. Will and I were both delivered by Sir George Pinker at St.Mary’s Hosp – except I wasn’t in the private bit .
3.In around 1980 Declan and I went to stay with Dec’s lovely sister, Siobhan and her family in Anglesey .Her husband Chris was a fighter pilot at RAF Valley, where Will is based . He let Declan and I have a go in their multi million pound fighter jet simulator.Dec kept it in ‘the air’ for about 2 mins , but I crash landed it after 3 seconds, when the seat read my weight in order to adjust the ejector seat.
4. I work with someone with the surname Middleton.
5. I’ve run (??) for Rosie past Westminster Abbey.
6. When I worked in Chelmsley Hospital School in Brum and Princess Di was pregnant with their first child, we had a sweepstake as to the name. I opted for ‘William’ .Sadly,so did 3 others , so I only won £5.